Job Description: Installer
Reporting to: Installations Manager
Who we are
Here at Nineyards we are passionate about creating immersive spaces and design led experiences. We have a unique collection of designers, producers, story-tellers and makers with a passion for creating the incredible.
About The role
Due to the growth in our brand led experiential approach to installations we are looking to expand our team of installers. This is a great opportunity for a driven and hard-working person to further develop themselves.
The successful candidate will report directly to the Installations Manager and will have an unequalled opportunity to work with a team of cutting-edge and talented, like-minded individuals in experienced based, design led, installations.
The Ideal Candidate
Will be flexible, adaptable and happy to work in a constantly changing environment of new daily challenges.
The role will have client facing elements, so the candidate will need to be professional but friendly and approachable with the ability to work with others in a team.
The candidate will support delivery of goods and fitting/set up as per guidelines issued by the Installations Manager.
Be able to fully support the efforts of the Event teams, contributing to the successful execution of all projects assigned.
Participate in the hands-on production setup of events and other special projects as the business may require from time to time.
Ensure strict adherence to company policies such as adhering to health and safety policies regarding correct clothing an PPE where required.
Possess an excellent eye for detail on work as well as on-site details when projects are been installed and fitted to ensure we are meeting the clients brief at all times.
Support the safe return of goods after the team uninstall events and clearly identify goods as waste/re-use and, in the case of the latter, highlighting the need for any special wrapping/storage conditions/treatment’ of any items/pallets for re-use
- The candidate needs to be confident and pro-active with strong communication skills.
- The individual should be enthusiastic and self-motivated with the ability to work individually as well as being a team player.
- Have the ability to work to tight deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Have a full, clean driving license.
- Must be available for flexible working hours
- The candidate should have their own tools, essential to the role.
Bike to work Scheme
Employee Assistance Program
If you feel you meet the criteria please send your CV along with any references to – [email protected]
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Direct and manage all areas on-site for jobs assigned to you about the delivery of goods and fitting/set up as per guidelines issued by the project/production manager.
- Manage project communications & delivery commitments on-site as per the Production/Project Managers
- When not on-site carry out carpentry work in the workshop on projects assigned to you by the workshop or Production Manager.
- Fully support the efforts of the Event teams, Project/Production/Lighting/Stage and audio contributing to the successful sales and execution of all projects assigned to you.
- Assist with client correspondence and coordinate information between the install teams, clients and venues to ensure smooth execution of events and installations;
- As needed, attend off-site client consultations, transcribe meeting details, and take measurements, photos of space as required by the Install/ Production Manager/Project Managers.
- Assist with the coordination and booking of event logistics, time frames, and travel accommodations for destination events at home and abroad in conjunction with the Project Managers.
- Participate in the hands-on production setup of events and other special projects as the business may require from time to time.
- Ensure strict adherence to company policies such that all crew are wearing the correct PPE and site-specific workwear and using the correct equipment at all times while on-site. If anyone is not wearing the proper work gear/PPE and is a repeat offender, insist on correct wear or do not let them work on site. Report such incidents to the Installations/Production Managers and make notes of same.
- Facilitate meetings and ongoing discussions with your crew throughout the lifecycle of the project keeping them fully up to date and aware of all planning.
- Possess an excellent eye for detail on work carried out by you as well as on-site details when projects are been installed and fitted to ensure we are meeting the clients brief at all times.
- Facilitate ongoing communication and reporting of on-site progress to the Installations /Production Manager and record and sign off on all TICK hours logged to that project by site crews who you are responsible for managing.
- Manage specific areas of the project budgets and resources in conjunction with the Project Manager where requested.
- Identification of areas for improvement and the proposal of creative solutions to improve these processes on-site and communicate same to the Installations Manager.
- Where necessary to liaise with the client (end-user) to ensure project goals are achieved on-site.
- Define internal resource requirements for the install team and assign & manage the distribution of tasks throughout the team.
- Manage project schedules to plan and track project activities over the life-cycle of each project responsible fo full install and strip out duties.
- Ensure at all stages of the project that relevant project learnings are collected and distributed through the necessary methods and communicated back to the team and Production Manager.
- Be responsible for the safe delivery of goods after the team uninstall events and clearly identify goods as waste/re-use and, in the case of the latter, highlighting the need for any special wrapping/storage conditions/treatment’ of any items/pallets for re-use.
- Mentor and train the site crew appointed to you and ensure they carry out their duties on-site safely and to a high standard.
Approved by: Date:
Received by: Date:
Job Descriptions are inherently dynamic documents and will reflect the ongoing changes within Software Designs positions and departments. Thus, we emphasise that this Job Description, not a static document and be subject to change as the needs of our clients and business requirements.